Establish Hackathon Best Practices Using InnoStreams
Hackathons can require a lot of time and energy—from the organizers and from the participants. InnoStreams helps you make the most of your investment by implementing a variety of best practices:
- Have a clearly established goal, implemented through themes, campaigns, or just open brainstorming sessions in an Ideathon.
- Filter the best ideas and encourage the submitting teams to model their ideas using best practice business modeling frames like Business Model Canvas.
- Engage reviewers and stakeholders, whether they are physically present at your Hackathon or remote, to identify key challenges that must be addressed by the Hackathon teams.
- Encourage your teams to update their skills profiles, so you have visibility into how best to organize your Hackathon teams to address the key challenges.
- Consider running parallel sessions during your Hackathons to train your teams on best practice methodologies like Design Thinking and Lean Startup, as your teams gear up to ‘hack through’ the selected ideas, running experiments to validate the problem and de-risk the solution
- Track how the value of the opportunity evolves as your teams work through the de-risking process.